I’m Yael, and I’ve always made homemaking my main career – until recently when I started working from home and am now balancing TWO careers!
*this post may contain affiliate links
In the career world, people are always trying to move up the ladder, get ahead, and keep up with the newest programs, because everyone knows that a career is like an escalator–if you’re not moving up, you’ll automatically fall behind.
That’s how I’ve always seen my role as a homemaker.
I fully believe in striving to be the best at whatever you choose to do. In my case, I had always been a stay-at-home mom since my first son was born at the end of 2009, so I threw myself into mothering and homemaking with a drive to excel!
Since I started working from home, I also have been constantly trying to improve my productivity and balancing my home and family with the new dynamic of work!
If you’re interested in
balancing work and home,
time management and productivity,
great recipes that are easy to fit into small chunks of time,
making time for family and yourself,
and tips on streamlining your busy life…
You’re in the right place.
I’m a wife to a fantastic man and mommy to 4 rambunctious boys aged 7-1. We live in a home of organized chaos (I’m the organized, they’re the chaos!). I never pictured having a house full of boys, and I’m learning new things every day.
I became interested in home management pretty much as soon as I got married. I’m a Type-A firstborn daughter who is a perfectionist, so it isn’t surprising that I immediately started researching the best and most efficient ways to run a home!
I love reading, food (both the making of and the eating), organizing, fitness, and creating abstract art. I’m also constantly looking for better systems with which to run our home and family because I only see life getting busier as my children grow!
I’ve always also loved writing (I was constantly writing stories during class when I was supposed to be listening, and my teachers despaired of me sometimes), which is why when I started thinking of what I could possibly do from home after my 4th son was born, blogging seemed like the perfect fit! I also do freelance writing and professional organizing as a side job. Needless to say, life got pretty busy pretty fast. But the wonderful thing about working from home is being able to set my own hours and be there for my husband and children when they need me!
A few fun facts about me:
- I’ve moved countries 3 times–twice to Israel (at the age of 12 and then again after having 2 children), and once to England where we lived for 3 years after we got married!
- When I was 14 I tried Sun-In out on my dark brown hair. And then fell asleep in the sun. When I woke up, my hair was almost orange. I’ve never tried dying my hair since!
- I’ve been a Harry Potter fan since the age of 10, and am counting down the days til I can introduce it to my sons!
- I learned to read at the age of 4 and haven’t put books down since. I also read uncommonly fast, to the point that people don’t believe I’m actually reading–until I prove them wrong. Ha!
- I taught my oldest son A how to read English at the age of 5, and now I’m teaching my current 5-year-old, S. We live in Israel and they don’t start learning English in school until second grade. As a rabid bookworm, this horrified me, so once they had learned to read Hebrew comfortably, I started teaching them English and they picked it up pretty quickly! I used the fantastic Jolly Phonics program and it was simple to teach and to learn. (For the Book Depository links if you live overseas, click here for Pupil Book 1, here for Pupil Book 2, here for Pupil Book 3, and here for the Teacher’s Book which is VITAL to teaching this program in my opinion.)
- I’m an Orthodox Jew. My home is strictly kosher, and we observe the Sabbath from Friday evening until Saturday night. Therefore any recipes I post will be in keeping with the laws of kosher, and our holidays and beliefs may come up casually in the course of a post. However, our religion doesn’t believe in recruiting converts, and this is NOT a blog about religion in any case. If you have any questions about the Jewish faith, please feel free to contact me privately and I will be happy to speak to you!
Now go ahead, have a look around, and sign up for my email list for updates, freebies, and more!